Thursday, January 05, 2006

I'm it!

Okay, I've been tagged for the following meme by Jeru Guru, so here goes - I'll have to save my accounting of how much I love Ra'anana for after the meme.

Four jobs I've had in my life:
1. Sold Penthouse magazine over the phone (and was a top seller)
2. Checked sperm samples for STD's (an unpaid internshp - does this count?)
3. Gap girl - before I knew how to match clothes!
4. Patent Attorney

Four movies I could watch over and over:
1. When Harry Met Sally
2. Love Actually
3. Fiddler on the Roof
4. My wedding video

Four places I've lived:
1. Jerusalem
2. Boston - really Waltham, Mass.
3. Ra'anana
4. Philadelphia - the bad part of town

Four TV Shows I Love to watch:
1. Sex and the City
2. Jeopardy
3. Gilmore Girls
4. ER

Four places I've been on vacation:
1. Paris
2. Venice
3. Cape Town
4. Athens, Georgia

Four websites I visit daily:
1. www.haaretz.com
2. www.onlysimchas.com (I'm willing to admit it)
3. www.treppenwitz.com
4. mail.yahoo.com

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Indian food - any of it! (but only authentic - no meat)
2. Sweet potato Ravioli with Rosa sauce
3. Carpaccio - particularly from Joy
4. Peanut butter and 4 Berry Jelly on a plain Bagel, drunk with apple juice

Four places you'd rather be:
1. Venice - walking along the back streets, away from tourists
2. Skiing down a double black diamond hill - somewhere in Vermont
3. Hiking in the Golan - then relaxing at the Carmel Forest Spa
4. Snuggled with my husband and dog - at home

Four books I'll read over and over again: (I do this with any book I enjoy)
1. To Kill a Mockingbird
2. Netter's Guide to Anatomy
3. Angels and Demons
4. Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner

I'd like to tag the following: Treppenwitz, Gilly, Lapis Dreams and .... my friend Joel H., who sadly, I can't remember his blog's address off the top of my head, so I'll have to check back later.

9 Comments:

Blogger lisoosh said...

The Penthouse thing - I'm surprised.
The sperm thing ewwww.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Here's my blog address -- funjoel.blogspot.com

Only one problem. I keep my blog exclusively focused on its topic. What I did last time, and will do here, if it is okay with you, is respond to the meme here in the comments. Let me know, and if so I'll follow up in another comment!

(Thanks for the tap.)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Oh, and my comments on your responses:

You don't need to know how to match to work in the Gap. That's why they make everything in primary colors!

MMmmmm, Carpaccio.

And I'm curious -- why does the blog change from "Four of my..." to "Four places you'd rather be?" Does that mean I should pick four places where I think that YOU would rather be? ;-)

6:56 PM  
Blogger Gilly said...

I guess I copy and paste right?

Will get on it right away!!

Gilly

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your wedding video?!
Must be in your first year of marriage or something :)

11:01 PM  
Blogger Noa said...

Lisa - Sperm thing was part of an immunology internship, and the Penthouse was for a telemarketing job, but I didn't know what I'd be marketing til we started - the other options were Field & Stream Magazine or Autorod, so I think I lucked out actually!

Joel - Carpaccio is very yum - and I think the first time I ever had it was with you!! (On Dudy's birthday) and I thank you for turning me on to one of my favorite things to eat!!! And yes, you can respond in the comments - I weas more interested in your answers, than broadcasting them :)

Gilly - Will read yours soon

Karen - try first half-year!

12:40 PM  
Blogger treppenwitz said...

I love you dearly, but you must so have me confused with someone else. :-)

3:02 PM  
Blogger lisoosh said...

Yup, if the choice was Field and Stream, Autorod or Penthouse, yes you lucked out, probably made way more sales!!!!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Okay then. Here we go!

Four jobs I've held in my life:
1. Construction laborer
2. Private chauffeur
3. Rosh Hashanah Ba'al Tekiah at a hospital
4. Photographer for bands/musicians

Four movies I could watch over and over:
1. The Big Lebowski
2. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
3. The Godfather
4. Chinatown

Four places I've lived:
1. 93 & Riverside, NYC
2. 97 & Broadway, NYC
3. 108 & Amsterdam, NYC
4. Grand & Willet, NYC
(I couldn't resist. But okay, let's add Livingston, NJ; Jerusalem; and Los Angeles)

Four TV Shows I Love to watch:
1. NY Rangers hockey
2. Daily Show with Jon Stewart
3. Arrested Development
4. The Family Guy

Four places I've been on vacation:
1. Israel
2. Alaska
3. San Francisco
4. Vegas (Baby)

Four websites I visit daily:
1. www.thehungersite.com
2. www.yahoo.com
3. www.statcounter.com
4. www.scriptsales.com

Four of my favorite foods:
1. pizza
2. my homemade gumbo
3. a great grilled pastrami burger
4. Guinness stout (the beer that drinks like a meal)

Four places you'd rather be:
1. Israel
2. Kauai, Hawaii
3. Galapagos Islands
4. Amsterdam

Four books I'll read over and over again:
(I'm a kind of slow reader, so I don't often reread books, but I'll do my best)
1. Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
2. In Search of Captain Zero - Allan Weisbecker
3. Making Movies - Sidney Lumet
4. Harold and the Purple Crayon - Crockett Johnson

And not sure if it will work, but I'll tag 4 people and send them to the blog here! Annabel Lee, Mennu, Jeremy, and Tamara

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home