Sunday, December 26, 2004

Cha-Ching!

A while ago, I posted about how I worked for this dot.com that had failed, and I was owed about 3 months of back wages from August - October 2003. And that we, the former employees, had to file for a forced liquidation then claim the lost wages through Bituach Leumi, the National Insurance Institute here in Israel.

Knowing the process would be lengthy, and the likelihood that I would ever see the money slim, I decided to consider the money gone, and if I ever did get the money back from Bituach Leumi it would be considered like winning the lottery.

Well, this morning I checked my bank account, and I did indeed win the lottery. My account was healthier than it has ever been here! I won't disclose the amount, but its enough to take a trip to anywhere I've ever wanted to go! I'm rich!!! Bituach Leumi actually paid the money.

I think I will be responsible, and buy one item that I really want but don't need, and put the rest in savings.

What would you do with a windfall of let's say $10,000 (this is NOT the amount I received). Would you spend it all on something fun, put it all away in savings, or a combination??

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would fill a room with 5 and 10 agarot coins! Then I would swim around in it like Daffy Duck in those old Bugs bunny cartoons.

Hey... why is everyone looking at me like that??? She asked!

~treppenwitz~

9:34 PM  
Blogger Noa said...

So if Zahava asks what happened to the kids college fund, I'll just tell her to check the swimming pool?

10:57 AM  
Blogger DovBear said...

How unlike you to be coy. How much did you get?

3:59 PM  
Blogger Gilly said...

You know that I'd try to be sensible but the better half would probably have something to say about that!

Really pleased to hear your good news - don't spend it all at once but treat yourself (and B).

Gilly

10:50 PM  
Blogger PepGiraffe said...

I would squander the money by moving to New York and living in Manhattan while attempting to find a job in the television industry for a year before realizing the ridiculousness of the quest and find a nice 9 to 5 job with health benefits. I mean, if I hadn't already done that.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Doctor Bean said...

Hmmm.... a windfall of $10K? Honestly, I'm not sure I would notice. My wife handles the finances. We borrowed a ton of money to start my practice 2 years ago, so it would most likely just go to decreasing our debt. My wife might mention it in passing as a happy event while we ate dinner. Yikes! Is that bad?

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home